Calibration of wheat
Wheat is a cereal, characterized by the largest number of species. In addition to common varieties, each country has its own local samples. Grains of different varieties differ in appearance and chemical composition.
There is no uniform classification of wheat in the world, despite many attempts to compile it. For example, the commodity classification of wheat in most of the CIS countries provides for the division into food and non-food (forage) groups, in the US standardization by types and classes.
However, in any case, grain sorting machines are used to sort (size) and refine wheat from weed seeds and other mineral and vegetable impurities. The most effective with these two tasks are the aerodynamic separators of the ACM type.
The work of the aerodynamic separating machine AFM
The basis of the functioning is the distribution of the initial material into fractions by the weight of particles and their sails (as a rule, 3-5 fractions form, division into more groups is considered to be inappropriate).
The culture is loaded into the hopper, then, passing the vibratory tray, it is leveled according to the dimensions of the separation chamber, in which there is further delamination and grain separation by the air flow created by the high-pressure fan. After processing, the wheat grains of various sizes and shapes are in different trays and are sent either to receiving bunkers or packed into sacks.
Separators of ACM can become part of large elevators and also successfully solve cleaning and calibration tasks on small farms - depending on the model, the primary cleaning efficiency can be from 5 to 100 t / h, with seed calibration from 2.5 to 50 t / hour. Models equipped with an aspirating chamber, can save up to 30% of electricity.
Features of calibrationby separators AFM
As a result of research and a number of experiments, the following has been established:
- After the first cleaning cycle due to the deep regulation, all that is fodder is included in the feed mixture. Then there is the opportunity to distinguish a class grain from forage grains, thereby reducing the total number of fodder (forage) and providing an opportunity to improve quality, then selling more. For example, after the separation of wheat of the 4th class it was possible to allocate 55% of the grains of the 3rd class, which indicates the economic expediency of separation.
- Maximum purification from impurities at the outlet is guaranteed even with a high (up to 15-20%) debris and high (up to 20-25%) humidity (while the machine loses a bit in productivity).
- Machines AFM - is the ability to calibrate the grain heap of not only wheat, but also barley, millet, corn, oats, rice, buckwheat, pea, rapeseed, soybean, cumin, melon seeds, grasses and any other type of loose material with a particle diameter of up to 15 mm - choose suitable air and damper adjustments.
- The equipment is characterized by high calibration accuracy - homogeneity of grains after separation ± 3%.
- As a result of selection of seed wheat on the separators AFM, separating the material by specific gravity, a seed that is more resistant to drought and other adverse effects with a yield increase of 12% is more.
- The grain calibrated for AFM for the bakery industry is a grain with a significantly improved number of falls (Hagberg number).
- Deeply regulated operation of the air flow makes it possible to quickly and efficiently remove grain dust and impurities, to clean grain in transshipments, before loading into transport. Air purification provides gentle processing of the material, minimizing mechanical impact, which is very important for seed (98% germination is provided).
First of all, wheat is cleaned on the grain-cleaning machine, which is clogged with inflorescences of wormwood and other impurities that impart to the grains unusual odors, as well as wheat with signs of self-warming.
The end user chooses the products by quality. Calibration of wheat on the AFM guarantees high consumer properties of refined products.